Sunday, August 2, 2009

GREETINGS FROM PHILLY!


We've made it to Philadelphia!  It's been  a long day for sure!  We packed up the vans and headed northeast this morning from Brown Hall at 7:30 a.m.!  I'll be honest, I struggled last night.  It's not that I didn't want to be here, but something inside me was churning (no, it wasn't my cooking).  Having only one week to be at home after being at Montreat for a week before heading here was harder than I imagined.  I was getting used to being at home, enjoying the time with Amy, Kennedy and the in-laws.  I was comfortable and life was easy.  Although I still am a bit empty leaving Amy and Kennedy again, I was rejuvenated the minute we arrived to Broad Street Ministries.  This good vibe just spread throughout my limbs.  My friends, something special is going to happen this week, but I just can't wrap my tingly arms around it just yet.  Funny thing, though, I don't think it has anything to do with me.  It has everything to with what's going to happen with these youth. So get ready!

In the days ahead, I will be asking our youth to write a small paragraph about their experiences and I will post them on this blog for you all to read and to enjoy the journey with us.  So come back often!

Before I say goodnight, I want to personally thank all of you who help sponsor these youth.  I have been amazed by your support you all have given our youth monetarily speaking and through your prayers!  Our youth can't grow all by themselves.  They grow because of a loving community!

Tomorrow is our first day of work!  I can't wait to share the day with you all!  I promise to take a bunch of pictures and video!  So keep us in your prayers!  Peace and love!  ~Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment